There are hotel gyms. And then there are hotels that have transformed their workout rooms into luxurious fitness centers.
If you’re not all for deadlifting your suitcase packed with clothes, the coffee machine, and any other heavy item your hotel room has to offer, then you might want to find accommodations that better suit your fitness needs. From Olympic-sized swimming pools to personal trainers to group exercise classes, these hotels have it going on:
- Westin, Beijing: Free weights, Technogym cardio equipment, an Olympic-sized indoor pool, and group classes—need we say more? Probably not, but we will anyway. Westin also teamed up with New Balance in order to provide workout gear to its guests and even a running program that includes 3 mile and 5 mile routes throughout the city, a fresh towel and a cold bottle of water. But if that’s not enough, you can also book a WestinWORKOUT Room, which features a treadmill, stationary bike, dumbbells, fitness DVDs, resistance bands, and more right in the comfort of your hotel room. Yea, these guys get it.
- Park Hyatt Hotel, Tokyo: First of all, the fitness center in this Park Hyatt hotel is located on the 47th floor and has floor-to-ceiling windows so you can enjoy an incredible view of the city. Second of all, it’s packed with everything you can think of. From a complete range of Life Fitness weight training and fitness equipment to aerobics studios to a four-lane swimming pool, this center offers more than what most gyms do back at home. You also have the option to meet with a personal trainer or sign up for a class such as circuit training, aquatic exercise, and total body contouring.
- Four Seasons, Bora Bora: As if the cerulean-blue waters surrounding Bora Bora weren’t enticing enough, the top-of-the-line equipment, weight machines, free weights, and studio classes are definitely extra perks. While the cardio machines with individual TV monitors and headsets are cool, we’re more excited about the over-water sunrise yoga platform and the fact that you get to look out at the South Pacific while you’re working out. And they even provide fresh juice and fruit on the house. Nice.
- Bayerischer Hof Hotel, Munich: Although we’re not quite sure if it matters that Mr. Universe Ralf Moeller selected the gym’s professional equipment, this rooftop fitness center has plenty more to boast about. From a wide selection of cardio and weight training equipment to yoga and Pilates classes, guests certainly won’t get bored with their exercise routine during their stay here. You can also meet with a personal trainer and get a customized exercise program based on your current fitness level and health—although we can’t promise it will be from Mr. Moeller himself.
- Hotel Unique, Sao Paolo: The best part about this guest-only gym isn’t the state-of-the-art equipment or personal trainers, or even the massive TVs in the steam and sauna rooms. It’s all about the waterslide entrances into the two heated pools. Nothing like a waterslide to make you feel like a kid at heart, or a truly spoiled guest.
Photo by fnetravel.com.